Discover Early Years and its group companies, Elizabeth Hughes Education, (together “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with the terms and conditions of use and any other documents we refer to in this policy or the terms and conditions of use) set out how we will use your personal information and whom it will be shared with. Please read the following carefully.
Other than where we have sought such explicit consent from you, your continued use of the Site after we make changes will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for any updates or changes
At Discover Early Years, we care about your privacy. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We do not disclose it to others except as disclosed in this Policy or required to provide you with the services of the Site and mobile applications and its related sites, applications, services and goods or any other Site, meaning – to allow you to buy, sell, share the information you want to share on the Site; to contribute on the forum; pay for products; post reviews and so on; or where we have a legal obligation to do so.
We collect information that you provide us or voluntarily share with other users, and also some general technical information that is automatically gathered by our systems, such as IP address, browser information and cookies to enable you to have a better user experience and a more personalised browsing experience.
We will not share information that you provide us in the process of the registration – including your contact information – except as described in this Policy. Information that you may choose to publish on the site (photos, videos, text, music, reviews, deliveries) – is no longer private, just like any information you publish online.
You have the right to request deletion of your data and your account at any time. You can exercise your rights over your personal information, by contacting us at [email protected].
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS THE FOLLOWING DATA ABOUT YOU (“YOUR INFORMATION”):
- Information that you submit online via our website or app when you register and / or login.
- Any correspondence you send to us or when you email us.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Traffic data and communication data
- Purchase history
- Workout history and booking information
- Credit card information if you decide to link a card to your customer account.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information in the following ways:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you
- For our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our site so that we can provide you with enhanced services
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree)
- To create reports to assist with future marketing to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you (including processing your payment for credits and to reserving your child’s place in our classes when you have made a booking)
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of our site and record your email address and / or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary and you reserve the right to request for your details to be removed from our operating system at any time.
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on Discover Early Years’ website. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to our site. By agreeing to use our website you agree to our terms of service and our collection of your data.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into Discover. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
We may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you. We will do this by SMS, email, push notifications / alerts or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email and/or SMS with information about products and services, which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
If you are a new customer, we may contact you by telephone, email and / or SMS only if you consent.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes on the form when we collect your information.
You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us on [email protected].
Where Do We Transfer Your Information To?
We will not transfer your information to, or store it, outside our servers or outside the country of business.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- We may share your information with any companies in our group.
- We may share your information with other organisations in the case of the following circumstances:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer).
- If we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets
- If we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- If we have to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use or any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers etc.
- This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may also share your information with third parties who provide services to us.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. If you have a username, password or other login details, which enable you to access certain parts of our site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of use.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
You have the right to access your information. You have the right to ask us not to process your information or pass your information to other companies or organisations for marketing purposes. You can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by contacting our Elizabeth Hughes International Head Office or [email protected].
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the information commissioner’s office.
HOW TO CONTACT US